Here's to living adventurously. And voting for the People's Choice Adventurer of the Year. There are just ten days left to cast your vote once a day. Voting ends January 18, 2012, at midnight.

Vote Now!

You can also read interviews and see photos of each candidate.

We'd like to give special thanks to our Adventurers of the Year Advisory Board. They helped us stay on top of the year's brightest adventure accomplishments. We hope you will check out their respective work and organizations.

National Geographic Adventurers of the Year Advisory Board

Colin Angus and Julie Wafaei Angus, adventurers-authors, Angus Adventures (2007 Adventurers of the Year)

Kraig Becker, Editor, The Adventure Blog

Fitz Cahall, Editor, The Dirtbag Diaries

Natalie Cash, Senior Producer, Wildlife Conservation Society

Steve Casimiro, Editor, Adventure Journal

Ted Endo, Surf Editor, The Inertia

Alex Honnold, Rock Climber (2011 Adventurer of the Year)

Trip Jennings, Kayaker/Filmmaker, Epicocity Films (2008 Adventurer of the Year)

Lorie Karnath, President, The Explorers Club

Pete Mortimer, President, Sender Films

Rebecca Martin, Executive Director, National Geographic Expeditions Council

Andrew Skurka, Hiker/Expeditioner (2008 Adventurer of the Year)

Bryan Smith, Kayaker/Filmmaker, Reel Water Productions

Gregg Trennish, Adventurer/Biologist, Adventurers and Scientists for Conservation (2009 Adventurer of the Year)

Sadie Quarrier, Senior Photo Editor, National Geographic magazine

Comments

1. rip dvd to mkv
    January 9, 2012, 8:12 pm

I think all of them are my heros, they all have great courage and excellent ability. I respect all of them.

2. Properties for sale saas fee
    January 10, 2012, 6:42 am

Some of these adventures are so inspiring that I just want to pack my bag and something like this however I think I miss enough courage

3. Best Hosting
    January 10, 2012, 7:17 am

Useful details and fantastic style you got here! I would like to thank you for discussing your ideas and time into the products you post!! Thumbs up

4. Gary M
    January 10, 2012, 7:46 am

Such inspirational people. I agree with the comment above- I just want to pack my bags and join them!

5. the maldives honeymoon
    January 10, 2012, 10:02 am

Many thanks for such a write-up. I undoubtedly cherished reading it and talk about this it to my friends.

6. Jet Ski accident attorney
    January 10, 2012, 7:05 pm

I often think about doing that too, but I guess these kind of adventures are not for everybody.

7. cheap D&G Belts
    January 11, 2012, 8:34 am

the information of this post is very relevant for what i am looking for, thank you so much for sharing this one

8. Dresses
    January 21, 2012, 10:15 am

They are the heroes, after i watched the videos i salute them for their achievements.

9. Healthy Options
    January 21, 2012, 10:16 am

Great sharing of videos, im so amazed. Thanks.

10. Philadelphia House
    January 30, 2012, 10:57 am

Who won the vote?

11. Mario Manningham Jersey
    February 9, 2012, 4:58 am

goodniess

12. SEO Dubai
    February 16, 2012, 7:16 am

Valuable information and excellent design you got here! I would like to thank you for sharing your thoughts and time into the stuff you post!! Thumbs up

13. Buy Abilify Online US pharmacy
    February 18, 2012, 5:23 am

This is a great inspiring .I am pretty much pleased with your good work.You put really very helpful information. Looking to reading your next post.

14. Sportnahrung und Bodybuilding Produkte
    February 20, 2012, 5:56 am

I undoubtedly cherished reading it and talk about this it to my friends.

15. gallstone symptoms
    February 21, 2012, 12:34 am

The daylong competition will run sometime between today and February 8 to ensure the event takes place under the best possible weather conditions.

16. SEO Dubai
    February 21, 2012, 6:03 am

17. very cheap car insurance
    February 21, 2012, 6:40 am

very relevant for what i am looking for, thank you so much for sharing this one

18. jerseys
    February 22, 2012, 9:52 pm

The Jokeraider”
    My excursion to tackle stadium number nineteen on the Quest for 31 took me to Oakland, California, home and head- quarters of Raider Nation – some of the rowdiest, most rabid fans in the National Football League. Raider fans are generally respectful of visitors, but if you plan to wear an opponent’s colors, be ready for some of the most vile and vicious verbal assaults to be tossed in your direction. Most of these, of course, will feature a colorful collection of expletives just to drive their point home. Raider Nation is a proud union of die-hards so best believe that every member encountered will make you well aware that visitors are not welcome at Overstock.com Coliseum. Now on the other hand, if you join the collective, your acceptance is immediate and any verbal javelins you happen to toss at visiting fans will be met with hearty laughs and a handshake – what a bunch of sweethearts. In all seriousness, it is friendly ribbing and fans keep it under control.

19. Burberry Sale
    February 23, 2012, 2:01 am

Thank you for your artice, it is wonderful. Wish you have a happy day.

20. Hermes Birkin
    February 23, 2012, 2:13 am

Really liked your article, very exciting, and gives a lot of thinking, I hope you can see more of your article, thank you