Sara-2-climbing-icefall-training-everest-475
Sara practicing on a Khumbu ladder

Text by Dave Hahn, a guide for RMI Expeditions and First Ascent. In May 2010 Hahn reached the summit of Mount Everest for the 12th time, the most of any a non-Sherpa climber. This time, he is leading a Bill McGahan and his 16-year-old daughter, Sara, on a bid for the summit. Follow the team's Everest expedition in dispatches here.

More Everest: See more Everest photos, take our Everest quiz, or watch expedition videos.

Dispatch 7: Training for the Khumbu Icefall

Bill-climbing-icefall-training-everest-475
Bill concentrating

Sara-climbing-icefall-training-everest-475
Sara going vertical

Bill-ladder-climbing-icefall-training-everest-475
Bill on the up ladder practice

Comments

1. Rosetta stone
    April 13, 2011, 11:03 pm

I love your article. It can help me get much useful information. Hope to see more words in it. I think you will have interests to see

2. Rikk Taft
    April 19, 2011, 9:30 am

These are some great shots. It must be hard to be on those ladders with the ice picks on.

3. packers and movers indore
    April 20, 2011, 5:21 am

Well it’s seems you have enjoyed there a lot and i like the way you have illustrated your trip. Anyways keep it up and keep continue with your valuable thoughts.

4. Wilmayxi042
    April 29, 2011, 6:30 am

I climbed Everest this season too. Also practiced in the same area of this video. The Sherpas aren’t as wonderful as everyone makes them out to be. Ours lied about stuff and the sherpas and our leader left me to die alone on the mountain and I had to fight for my life to get down alive. Read High Crimes … good book about all the crime and unhumane stuff that happens on the mountain when teams and individuals become blind with summit fever and disregard others life for their own summit.
    For more info pls visit here:

5. DCCTV
    May 10, 2011, 2:31 am

Not to know what happened before one was born is always to be a child.

6. טיולים מאורגנים
    July 11, 2011, 7:39 am

Oh !! I’s really wonderful. Actually I’m searching for this kind of blog to show my children. I love mountaineering.I wish to encourage my child in this field. He was delighted after seeing these photos.

7. casino en ligne
    July 11, 2011, 2:18 pm

8. longchamp
    July 21, 2011, 10:52 pm

beautiful but dangerous travelling
    looking for see more

9. Articles4free
    August 9, 2011, 8:25 am

Holidays are considered as a time having fun and enjoyment. Fun becomes more enriched and fun going one plans to get advanced for going out. Many travelers are planned to get proper holiday plan and therefore it reduces lot of problems at eleventh hour. Hence, the last minute travel plays vital role for the tourists.

10. tribute-credit-card
    October 25, 2011, 9:22 am

Heck, look at how the ladders are connected. With just ropes. Golly, that’s scary.

11. UGGs Cheap
    December 9, 2011, 12:10 am

This site is very interesting and also great. I’m glad to find out this ste immediately. It’s very informative.