Video by Aurora Photos

Attempting a new waterfall record in a kayak requires a lot of scouting, an acceptance that you’ll probably get at least a little hurt, and, perhaps most important, an unquestionable belief in one’s own immortality. And yet, in recent years, waterfalls have proven an irresistible, if dangerous, frontier for young-gun pro kayakers seeking eternal bragging rights. “The motivating factor for all of this was just that I thought it was possible,” says Tyler Bradt, who clinched the record in 2009 with a 3.7-second freefall over 186-foot (57-meter) Palouse Falls in eastern Washington. “I wanted to do it, I guess, because I can.”

So maybe you need something a little less insane? We agree! How about kayaking the roiling rapids of the Zambezi? Read about that trip and 19 other paired trips in our Ultimate Adventure Bucket List, which matches one of the world’s most extreme (read: craziest!) adventures with a great, doable alternative. See the trips >>

Comments

1. Essaouira Morocco
    January 25, 2011, 1:50 am

The video was really an enjoyable one and also the most awesome.
    Had a wonderful adventure and it would be great if I had a chance to experience the same.
    Thanks and keep sharing.

2. Crystal Hoole
    January 25, 2011, 3:13 am

Just a tad insane….

3. Tour London
    January 25, 2011, 7:28 am

Splendid video , all credit goes to the cameraman. This is zamazing

4. Ft Lauderdale Web Design
    January 25, 2011, 7:29 am

God creations are always wonderful. This beauty is amazing and thanks for posting. Hey Mr Cameraman you have done a great job

5. AIR MAX 90
    January 26, 2011, 2:25 am

Great post. I appreciate you bringing this forward.

6. Health Blog
    January 26, 2011, 6:19 am

I think you are right when you say this. Hats off man, what a superlative knowledge you have on this subject…hope to see more work of yours.

7. Ivan Malagurski
    January 27, 2011, 12:17 am

Amazing video…

8. Miami seo
    February 3, 2011, 5:00 am

O mu god :o this is amazing

9. D. McMillin
    February 3, 2011, 10:43 pm

Would not classify this as adventurous just a kid look for notoriety and an adrenaline rush.

10. CCNP
    February 10, 2011, 11:17 pm

It’s nice to keep up the spirit but If I were that traveler, I won’t dare. I have to secure my life rather risk it in a deadly way.

11. John looking for paid travel
    February 13, 2011, 3:56 pm

I really enjoyed from the video.”They wanted to do it, they guess, because they can.” They shows the meaning of this quote.

12. What a spirit! Yes, they are very brave! They can do it and they will finished it successfully.

13. Dallas Internet Marketing Consultants
    February 19, 2011, 6:17 am

I anticipate you are appropriate if you say this. Hats off man, what a accomplished ability you accept on this accountable achievement to see added plan of yours.

14. seo company
    February 25, 2011, 2:11 pm

Your webblog is very nice also a very intresting and this is very useful to skip visitor. After the reading your editorial stuff is very useful to me and its very nice. I hope you will be share another informative stuff!!!!!

15. Erric
    March 6, 2011, 1:28 am

wow
    the waterfall is really a rapid
    the guy is so brave!!

16. Red Bull hats
    March 8, 2011, 2:08 am

Just a tad insane….

17. marion
    March 9, 2011, 1:45 am

Are you kidding me? Lol. That was amazing video. He is so brave. Congrats!

March 9, 2011, 10:27 pm

19. vibram
    July 5, 2011, 2:39 am

vibram Barefoot Alternative (Four Hour Work Week. com) . Joel July 13th, 2009 11:13 am Thanks Jon and Angel This weekend I added a run with standard running ビブラム and did some serious stretching before my run with fivefingers . Today, my calves do not hurt nearly as much. So, stretching and some alternating seems to be the answer. I was a little disappointed in how much it hurt ファイブフィンガーズ bottoms of my feet when I ran on a rocky trail and then a gravel path with rocks that were hard to avoid.

20. Maths Tutor
    July 31, 2011, 10:56 pm

180 feet tall? Are you kidding me? That was cool…. I just don’t know if I could have enough strength and take a hard fall together with that rushing water.

21. IT Courses Brisbane
    August 1, 2011, 1:47 am

This is super cool! Be asking my friends to visit that place next summer…I’m confident to hear their big yes after sharing them this video.

22. Was that video for real?…That was cool, but terribly dangerous….just can’t imagine myself doing crazy stuffs like you do…Yeah it’s exciting…but I take can’t to risk my life..

23. Ray Ban 3025
    August 19, 2011, 2:50 am

This post bring a big surprise for me.I like those shell house.And i hope it is become the truth one day and i can live in it.It is a art.

24. knockoff handbags
    September 7, 2011, 10:47 am

hndhyr Nice hosting! It’s my first time to read like this article.

25. Cheap Beats By Dre Canada
    September 28, 2011, 9:11 pm

Thanks to a brilliant effort in publishing your article. One can be more informative as this. There are many things I can know only after reading your wonderful article.

26. UGG Greenfield Sale
    October 8, 2011, 5:20 am

I very much agree with your thoughts and insights. Hope that more could write such a good word

27. UGG Greenfield Sale
    October 8, 2011, 5:23 am

I like the writing structure of your blog and it does a pretty decent job of presenting the material.

28. UGG Greenfield Sale
    October 8, 2011, 5:25 am

Thank you for sharing with us. The content is very good and helpful for me, I learn and know more about it.

29. uggs for cheap
    October 20, 2011, 10:37 pm

Your website is so much nice i would like to see all the posts but i have dont enough time to do it. Over all i loved your all the articles

30. UGG Boots Outlet
    October 20, 2011, 10:38 pm

31. web hosting pakistan
    December 2, 2011, 3:57 am

These kind of post are always inspiring and I prefer to read quality content so I happy to find many good point here in the post

32. Alarm Monitoring Houston
    January 4, 2012, 11:42 am

I think you’ve made some truly interesting points. Not too many people would actually think about this the way you just did. I’m really impressed that there’s so much about this subject that’s been uncovered and you did it so well, with so much class. Good one you, man!

33. eman83
    Bangladesh
    July 22, 2012, 3:59 pm

This video is really so nice.I appreciate to you for your nice post.