Book-250 For more than a decade, National Geographic ADVENTURE has brought its readers in-depth reporting and rollicking travel narratives from the farthest reaches of the globe, taking them along for the ride with grace, wit, and grit. The magazine's correspondents have solved mysteries on the highest slopes of Everest, conducted interviews amid stampeding elephants in India, and filed dispatches from the ice of the White Continent to the heart of the Sahara. Whether recounting a trip of a lifetime in Yellowstone backcountry or a solitary exploration of the Aleutian Islands, every story in this anthology offers an unforgettable reading experienceяan exhilarating look at The New Age Of Adventure: Ten Years of Great Writing (preoder a copy).

Here, collected for the first time, are 25 of the best stories from the first ten years of ADVENTURE magazine, featuring many of the finest writers in America.

Sebastian Junger visits Afghanistan's greatest warrior

Philip Caputo stalks descendants of the man-eating lions of Tsavo

David Quammen kayaks the Grand Canyon seeking solace and enlightenment

Peter Matthiessen voyages to the end of the Earth

Gretel Ehrlich treks with the last of the Siberian nomads

Michael Finkel hitchhikes across the Sahara

Tim Cahill finds undiscovered backcountry waterfallsяmaybe

David Roberts solves a 75-year-old murder mystery

Chip Brown unravels a climber's suicide

Kira Salak dodges Congolese rebels and is kissed by a gorilla

Scott Anderson road-trips the hippie highway through Central Asia
Charles Graeber takes an ad hoc journey of enlightenment on India's holiest river

GET IT NOW: Preorder your copy of The New Age of Adventure: Ten Years of Great Writing here.

Comments

1. Cruise deals
    December 16, 2009, 7:33 am

this book seems amazing! I love travel books, with a good taste of history it. I can’t always find the time to travel so reading about all of these incredible places you might never get to – shortens the work hours if you know what I mean :) Great review.

2. Las Vegas Hotel
    January 23, 2010, 6:28 am

This book is looking very good. I love traveling and these type of books give me good guidance regarding the travel. I would like to buy it. Can you please tell me how can i buy this book. I will be very thankful to you.

3. Dan Cypert
    February 6, 2010, 10:02 pm

It would have been nice if National Geographic would have sent all their current Adventure subscribers a copy of this book free of charge since they have decided to stop publishing this great magazine. I have every single issue since the first one and will greatly miss pulling the new issues from the mailbox.

4. Car hire
    March 19, 2010, 4:43 am

Just checked on amazon.. not so expensive at all!

5. holy land tours
    October 23, 2010, 3:46 pm

This is absolutely excellent book, the stories is fascinating and there is wonderful pictures from all around the world. Very recommended.

6. truck rental
    October 29, 2010, 8:55 am

This is amazing book. Books gives you idea about the traveling. generally I go for tour for taking car on rent. It makes my journey very comfortable and good.

7. buysupra
    December 30, 2010, 3:58 am

I really liked the post and the stories are really thanks for sharing the informative post.

8. Golf Tips For Beginners
    January 28, 2011, 4:10 pm

You have become like a guiding light to me. When I started a project
    on similar topic I could not get enough information to carry further.
    But as soon as I read your article, my project is doing great and
    I hope to get an A+ this time. thanks

March 2, 2011, 4:09 pm

10. rent a car Switzerland
    April 27, 2011, 8:55 am

I can’t always find the time to travel so reading about all of these incredible places you might never get to – shortens the work hours!

11. Israel Tourist Attractions
    May 9, 2011, 9:30 am

Thank you so much for this information. It’s so nice to have all this sharing, so useful and inspiring. I really appreciate the time and your effort you put to it. Great work,

12. costamesa chiropractor
    July 8, 2011, 10:56 pm

The magazine’s correspondents have solved mysteries on the highest slopes of Everest, conducted interviews amid stampeding elephants in India, and filed dispatches from the ice of the White Continent to the heart of the Sahara.

13. turtle ridge homes for sale
    July 14, 2011, 9:52 pm

14. newport beach chiropractor
    July 18, 2011, 6:16 pm

15. temecula chiropractor
    July 19, 2011, 12:10 am

taking them along for the ride with grace, wit, and grit.

16. crystal cove homes
    July 19, 2011, 8:43 pm

17. quail hill irvine
    July 20, 2011, 11:25 pm

18. costamesa chiropractic
    July 25, 2011, 4:54 pm

19. costamesa chiropractor
    July 27, 2011, 6:18 pm

20. online business degree
    October 25, 2011, 10:37 pm

It would have been good if National Geographic would have sent all their present Adventure subscribers a copy of this book totally free of charge because they have decided to quit publishing this excellent magazine. I have every single problem because the very first 1 and will greatly miss pulling the new problems from the mailbox.

21. tribute-credit-card
    November 1, 2011, 9:21 pm

Reading these books feels like I traveled with the author too.

22. angry birds walkthrough
    January 22, 2012, 2:34 am

I just don’t know but I feel not that comfortable with waters, at the back of my mind there’s a strange feeling holding me back.

23. cheapest car insurance in florida
    January 22, 2012, 9:18 am

We caught up with the company at the recent TechCrunch Disrupt conference in San Francisco.

24. Editors Directory
    January 26, 2012, 2:59 am

This blog seems to get a great deal of visitors. How do you advertise it? It gives a nice individual twist on things.

25. 口臭
    January 30, 2012, 6:46 am

Which channels fish use to migrate depends on the size of the waterfall. Basically, the bigger the vertical drop, the fewer fish use the channel to migrate.

26. Magic of Making Up
    February 2, 2012, 9:47 am

The friendly servers distribute heaping plates of beef brisket, chicken, and fixin’s among the long rows of checkered tablecloth-covered tables

27. Flights to Douala
    February 3, 2012, 5:14 am

Nothing is more dangerous within a mans adventurous spirit than a secure future.

28. topes de plástico
    February 10, 2012, 1:49 am

Good for them, why would you bottle something like water. After climbing a mountain and being stuck on top with heel spurs, I wouldn’t have survived without my bottle of water.

29. cheap paydayloans
    February 12, 2012, 1:08 am

We’ll work on getting this approved by MySpace and other social networking sites to appear in their widgets collection.

30. Land For Sale
    February 14, 2012, 10:03 am

The difference with the CamelBak bottles, of course, is that they won’t be pitched into the rubbish at the end of the day.

31. debt consolidation
    February 15, 2012, 7:49 am

Seeing the power of communication for good, she started ‘She’s the First’ as a media campaign which turned into an internationally-known non-profit.

32. escaleras mecanicas
    February 19, 2012, 3:36 am

33. custom logo mats
    February 23, 2012, 1:13 am

I visited great deal of site and read lot of article. I’m really happy with this post in this website. Thus i always would like to concentrate in this site about different article.

34. it.casinogames-online.info
    February 25, 2012, 11:32 am

I wanted to leave a little comment to support you and wish you a good continuation. I’m wishing you the best of luck for all your blogging efforts

35. pro cleanse